Sunday, November 7, 2010

Who is your Dad...?


John,

I want to tell you about your dad.  First of all, I want you to know that I love him with all my heart.  He is my favorite person to spend time with – actually that is why I love the week-ends because I get to spend more time with him those days.  Your father is the most pure-hearted person that I have ever known.  He seems to truly, and sincerely want the best for everyone, even those who have sinned against him.  Your father loves to worship and to pray.  One of my favorite parts of my day is when we pray together at night…

Your father is a good listener; he cares for people and is a faithful confidant.  Your father is also a very intelligent man.  He reads a lot of information and remembers it.  One thing that I like is that he asks people good questions based on what they seem interested in.  And because he is a reader, he has knowledge on subjects that will relate to new people in meaningful ways.

Your father is an honest man.  He doesn’t compromise the truth even when it might seem temporarily advantageous for him to do so.  He lives with integrity. 

John, your father loves you.  He prays his heart out for you every evening.  The other night, he even prayed that you would be liked by the girls when you grow up.  I thought that was kind of funny when you are not even 2 years old yet!  But it shows he has great hope for you and wants you to live a very happy life. 
 
There is a shortage of good fathers in our culture.  However, I had one – he would be your Grandpa Menefee.  He loved children and he loved my Mom – your Grandma Menefee.  My Dad had many of the same character qualities as your Dad does.  I wish very much that you had been able to know him. 

Likewise your Dad has a wonderful model of a father – your Grandpa Besonen.  He also is a man of integrity that loves his family well.   He is a gifted wood worker and he made you your first gift – a Nave for a nativity set.

We don’t yet what your interests are but I hope whatever they are that you will be very good friends with your father.   And I hope that you will be like him and your grandfather’s in godly character. 

No comments:

Post a Comment