Monday, November 29, 2010

The night before...


Tomorrow is the fulfillment as well as the beginning of a dream come true.  Ever since I can remember, I have wanted to be a mother.  Truth be told, I never really did like babysitting.  But I do like kids…a LOT! 

The desire to be a mom in my younger years was probably due to the fact that I had such a good one.  My Mom, (like my mother-in-law), is accomplished at all the things that people equate with being a Mom – she cooks well, sewed our clothes, baked fresh bread, was the girl scout leader, taught Sunday School, etc.
 
I have had a rewarding life so far– including adventurous travel, a graduate education, challenging leadership roles, etc.  But always, just below the surface has been the ache to be a Mom.   I want to be the one a child turns to when he is hurting or afraid.  I want to be the one to nurture and to help create an environment for growth…to make the birthday cakes and go to the teacher/parent conferences.  

And now I get to do this with my dear Ron!!!  My heart is bursting with gratitude. 

No comments:

Post a Comment