Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Sept. 18th - a letter written to John


John, we received your darling picture today and a brief update on your growth.  I cannot explain what it does to my heart to see new pictures of you.  I keep asking myself…how can I love a boy so much whom I have never actually been with in person?  John, I was not given the privilege of having you formed daily in my womb.   Your birth mother gave you physical life.   However, I can testify that over these 10 months that we have had you in our lives, our love for you has grown.   We long to feel your breathing on our neck, we long to see your eyes glisten with happiness, we long to hear your unique voice make sounds.  I am convinced that we could not love you more even if you did have our DNA. 
   
So, where does this love come from, this love we have for you?  It comes from God.  1 John 4:7 says: “Beloved let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God”. 

John, we don’t know what God has planned for you.  We know that everyone’s life is filled with both joy and sorrow; with dreams gloriously fulfilled and also with devastating disappointments.   One thing that we pray you will keep in the core of your being is that YOU ARE LOVED!   You don’t have to be a “good boy” or successful to earn our love.  You already have it and we still have not even met.  
  
The love that comes from God does not fail…even when we fail you, God’s love never fails. 

No comments:

Post a Comment